Has someone’s negligence led to you suffering from a head injury?
Beardsells’ head injury solicitors have been simplifying the process for victims of unfortunate accidents for over thirty years, and have seen head injury compensation claims of all kinds, from bumps and bruises to scalds and scars.
A head injury is any form of trauma that has led to an injury of the skull, scalp or brain. So, what kind of head injury have you suffered from?
1. Open head wound – an open head wound would usually refer to the skull receiving enough impact to actually break and open up, but may not always result in a brain injury. This occurs when impact is strong enough to cause some form of displacement or fracture to the skull bone.
2. Closed head wound – a closed head wound refers to an injury which does not effect the structure of the skull, but has still caused damaged to the outside of your head.
3. Concussion – concussion is the most minor yet most common form on head injury that results in head injury compensation claims. If an individual is concussed, it is important that their symptoms are monitored regularly. If their responses seem to be deteriorating, this could be a sign of a much more serious injury, such as the brain becoming compressed. More on brain injury claims.
Are you suffering from any of the following symptoms?
- Strong tiredness/drowsiness.
- An increasingly painful headache.
- Confusion or strange behaviour.
- Struggling with clear speech.
- Loss of proper use of body part(s).
- Seizures, fits or collapsing, often followed by a strange feeling.
- Struggling to see things clearly e.g. blurred or double vision.
- Blood or fluid leaking from the nose or ear.
- Strange breathing frequency.
All head injuries must be seen to by a professional. Do not ‘shrug it off’ – the risks a head injury can bring on can be fatal.
No Win No Fee Head Injury Claims
At Beardsells we are more than aware of the physical and psychological impact something like a head injury can have on you and your day to day life.
If you’ve suffered from a head injury and you’re intrigued as to whether you are eligible to claim head injury compensation, the first step is to talk to Beardsells head injury lawyers about your accident. We can assess your claim for free and inform you of your options before going ahead and making a comfortable decision.
If you decide to carry your head injury claim forward, we can keep you updated and informed at every step of the process.
Get in touch with Beardsells now to find out if you are eligible to make a claim for head injury compensation. Call 0800 677 1911 or Start Your Claim Now using the form on the right hand side of this page.
If you’d like to know more about head injury compensation claims before making a decision, send us a message via our contact form and we can answer any questions you have and give you any information you need.
Additional Advice for Sufferers of Head Injuries
- Make sure you are getting plenty of rest.
- See if a friend or family member will stay with your for 24-48 hours to keep an eye on you.
- Avoid and drugs at all costs. That includes alcohol.
- Unless prescribed by your doctor (who is aware of your situation), avoid taking any sleeping tablets or similar sedative medication.
- Refrain from participating in sports or heavy exercise for a few weeks. If you feel you really need to exercise, ask your doctor for advice first.
- Avoid driving at all costs. This includes bicycles and work machinery.